The continent of Australia has a unique depth of flora not found anywhere else in the world. As well as the native plants, colonisation and modernisation has introduce many non indigenous species in to Australia from around the world, some of which have done too well and have reached plague proportion, often threatening, if not having already wiped out various native species.
How often is it that as you travel around Australia, you say… what plant is that? Our aim here is not to reproduce the myriad of information that is available in print and on the internet for the web of life, but to provided some general information, with images of living plants that can be found here in Australia, which will offer an insight into what is Australia… enjoy…
Following is our index of flora listed here in Ausemade… come back as we include information from our archives and add new content.
- Bush Food / Bush Medicine
- Common Heath (Epacris impressa)
- Desert Oak (Allocasuarina decaisneana)
- Drumsticks, Narrow-leaf (Isopogon anethifolius)
- Grass Tree (Xanthorrea spp.)
- Holly Grevillea (Grevillea wickhamii)
- Mountain Devil (Lambertia formosa)
- Spinifex (Triodia)
- Sturt’s Desert Pea (Swainsona formosa)
- Sturt’s Desert Rose (Gossypium sturtianum)
- Waratah (Telopea)