Birds of Prey
The family Columbidae consists of a group of birds we know commonly as doves and pigeons. The family contains some 344 species, that are divided into 50 genera, with thirteen extinct species.
- Common Bronzewing (Phaps chalcoptera)
- Crested Pigeon (Ocyphaps lophotes)
- Diamond Dove (Geopelia cuneata)
- Spinifex Pigeon (Geophaps plumifera)
Images © Dorothy L / Images Ausemade PL
- Scientific classification
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Chordata
- Class: Aves
- Order: Columbiformes
- Family: Columbidae
Footnote & References
- Columbidae, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Columbidae&oldid=1031850807 (last visited July 15, 2021).