A diverse and populous state, with a coastline of great destinations, including coastal and inland cities and towns, national parks, surfing and beaches.
There is of course some iconic and renown regions including the Australian Snowy Mountains, the rugged Blue Mountains Region – that is home to the prehistoric Wollemi Pine, temperate rainforest, the 3 Sisters and Blue Mountains (formerly Mount Tomah) Botanic Garden, Hunter Valley region (popular for its wineries), as well as our coastal regions from the South Coast (that encompasses Batemans Bay, Eden, Jervis Bay, Merimbula, Montague Island, up through The Great Lakes, Central Coast, Mid North Coast, and Far North Coast. Inland New South Wales’s vast outback region encompassing Broken Hill, Bourke, Louth and Lightning Ridge, just to name a few of the unique and fantastic destinations.
For those seeking a driving getaway, New South Wales offers a number of ‘drives and road trips’. Many of these drives offer a great way to explore NSW, from the scenic Greater Blue Mountains Drive, the Legendary Pacific Coast drive, Kosciuszko Alpine Way, Snowy Mountains Highway, Snowy Valley Way, Darling River Run and the Rainforest Way. There is even the popular Sydney Melbourne Coastal Drive.
In addition to our new articles, we will be bringing back some of our own experiences from our archive among articles by others friends.
All regions are welcoming visitors, but if you are unsure what there is to see and do after the recent droughts, fires and COVID-19, contact the local visitor centres for more information or visit their websites2.
Our current destination listing:
- Blue Mountains
- Kosciuszko National Park
- Lower North Shore (Sydney)
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- Northern Beaches (Sydney)
- Snowy Mountain Region
- Sydney Attractions
- Sydney Cityscape
- Sydney City of Escalators
- Sydney Fauna
- Sydney Flora
Photos © Ausemade PL
Carousel Image index:
- Lake Jindabyne NSW
- Mount Kosciuszko NSW
- Three Mile Dam, Kosciuszko National Park NSW
- Glory Hole Cave at Yarrrangobilly NSW
- View from Jack Evans Track, Blue Mountains NSW
- Staghorn (Platycerium superbum), Stony Range Regional Botanic Garden NSW
- Dee Why Beach, Northern Beaches NSW
Footnote & References
- Visit NSW — Destination NSW (government agency for the New South Wales tourism and major events sectors.)
- Visitor Information Centres, Visit NSW, https://www.visitnsw.com/visitor-information-centres