Commonly known as the Variable Daisy (family Brachyscome), these are one of the perennial wildflowers that can be found growing in the region. With several species that are very similar, identification is often by examining the seeds.
Some sources still use the genus name spelling Brachycome, now spelt Brachyscome.
Brachyscome ciliaris is a perennial herb which occurs throughout temperate Australia. It is a highly variable species, that are often given their own species name, hence this species has a number of taxonomic synonyms, among which includes the Woolly Variable Daisy (Brachyscome ciliaris var. lanuginosa).
- Scientific classification
- Kingdom: Plantae
- (unranked): Angiosperms
- (unranked): Eudicots
- (unranked): Asterids
- Order: Asterales
- Family: Asteraceae
- Tribe: Astereae
- Genus: Brachyscome
- Species: B. ciliaris
- Binomial name: Brachyscome ciliaris
Footnote & References
- Anne Urban, Wildflowers & Plants of Inland Australia, 2001, Genus Brachycome, p204
- Brachyscome ciliaris, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brachyscome_ciliaris (last visited Sept. 18, 2021).
- Brachyscome ciliaris, Variable Daisy, Lucid Key Server, https://keys.lucidcentral.org