SHOPPING MALLS AND PLAZAS
There is Todd Mall in the heart of town that includes a range of cafes/restaurants, hotel, gifts and tourist shops, art galleries, book shop, cinema, banks, clothing and boutique shops.
Whilst the Todd Mall is the main tourist mall running north through town from the Alice Springs Town Council, there are also a number of plazas and trade and retail services in other parts of the town.
The plazas in town include:
- Alice Springs Plaza at the northern end of Todd Mall
– stores include Target, chemist, jewellers, clothing and shoes, surf gear, florist, men’s, women and children wear, eye wear, pharmacy, hair-dresser, bank and credit union and three automatic teller machines, food court and cafe.
- Alice Springs Shopping Centre (includes the Coles and Liquorland)
– on the west side of the town centre includes Kmart, iGear, Jaycar, Liquorland, takeaways, newsagent, pharmacy, hair-dresser, Tab, and speciality stores.
- Yeperenye Shopping Centre (includes Woolworths and BWS)
– includes newsagent, clothing stores, pharmacy, Telstra shop, jewellery etc, food court and cafe. Nearby is Post Office, Bendigo Bank, CBA and Westpac Banks.
Other small shopping centres include:
- Diarama Village – just west of the town centre off Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs
– outlets include Premium Pete (fruit and vegetable store), Central Australian Community Toy Library, Duprada Dance Company, takeaway, fuel outlet. (Kungkas Can Cook focus is now education, as well as their online shop and can be contactable via their website.)
- Polana Centre – just north-west of town centre on Smith Street, Alice Springs
– Afghan Traders Wholefoods, Exotiq Furniture & Homewares, Rock City Music