Author Toni ◦
DAY 1 ◦
Today was the first day of my “Holiday at Home in Alice”. Because there are lots of positive things about living here. There are still many things I’d like to see and do so I’m sharing them with my mate Fiona Conder.
Today we saw the view from Anzac Hill. Visited the Ghan and long overdue, but an awesome tour with Brolga at the Kangaroo Sanctuary.
DAY 2 ◦
A sunrise to sunset today. Including
- Outback Ballooning.
- Olive Pink and Bean Tree Cafe.
- And a rainbow at Rainbow Valley.
Another day to remind me how grateful I am 💖
DAY 3 ◦
My Holiday at home in Alice was crammed with soo much today and still soo much to do.
- We started by shopping at the Community Garden on Burke Street.
- Headed to the Telegraph Station for a walk and to post some post cards with the Telegraph post mark.
- RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service).
- Lunch at Tinh and Lan Vietnamese (Saturday and Sunday are PHO days).
- John Flynn’s Memorial
- Alice Springs School of the Air
- Dark Skies Festival (which is fantastic, don’t miss it. It ran until the 14th of May). Maybe another iconic calendar event for Alice Springs.
- Sab E Lee for dinner and Thommos cheesecake for desert. Priceless
DAY 4 – The END ◦
My Holiday at Home in Alice has come to an End.
Today we got to have a coffee from House of Tallulah, visit to the Women’s Museum and experience Plaza Wellbeing Centre. Thank you to Prue for her generous package and her kindness. And especially Raphael for the great massage.
Thank you Fiona Conder for being a very special friend. Until next time stay safe and well and know you’re loved.
Images © Toni Ryland
Following index to the businesses and attractions mentioned above:
- Kangaroo Sanctuary – www.kangaroosanctuary.com
- Outback Ballooning Alice Springs – www.outbackballooning.com.au
- Olive Pink Botanic Garden – www.opbg.com.au
- The Bean Tree Cafe – www.facebook.com/TheBeantreeCafe
- Rainbow Valley Conservation Reserve – www.nt.gov.au/leisure/parks-reserves/find-a-park
- Alice Springs Community Garden – www.facebook.com/AliceCommunityGarden
- Alice Springs Telegraph Station – www.alicespringstelegraphstation.com.au
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Alice Springs Tourist Facility – www.rfdsalicesprings.com.au
- Tinh & Lan Vietnamese Restaurant – www.facebook.com/Alice-Vietnamese-Restaurant-159487957412370
- John Flynn’s Grave Historic Reserve – www.discovercentralaustralia.com/john-flynns-grave-historic-reserve
- Alice Springs School of the Air – www.assoa.nt.edu.au
- Dark Skies Festival / Earth Sanctuary – www.earth-sanctuary.com.au/dark-skies-festival
- Sab E Lee Thai food – www.facebook.com/sabeleethaifood
- Thommo’s Homemade Goods – www.facebook.com/ThommosHomemadeGoods
- House of Tullulah – www.facebook.com/houseoftallulah
- Women’s Museum of Australia – www.wmoa.com.au
- Plaza Wellbeing Centre – www.plazawellbeingcentre.com.au