Located within the Strzelecki Ranges this park gazetted
in 1967 preserves one of the last remaining strands of
native vegetation in the Gippsland area.
settled the area during the 1840's however the area shows
occupation by aboriginals specifically the Woollum Woollum
tribe who hunted game in the region, artefacts have been
found in the park. ONe of the most striking features of the
park is the abundance of native orchids over 40 species have
been identified within the park boundaries.
The park has
many established walking tracks, picnic facilities and a car
park have been built for use by visitors. The Billy's Creek
area was added to the park in 1991 to further complement the
range of recreational facilities available to park users.